- Birth*: David Simpson was born circa 1871 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Janet M Stewart in 1896 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.
- (Informant) Death: David Simpson registered the death of Janet M Stewart on 29 July 1917 at Dudhope School Lodge, St Mary's Terrace, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1917 deaths in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee, ref 455; Janet McMillan Simpson married to David Simpson public school caretaker; female aged 44 years, parents Alexander Stewart joiner (dec) and Janet Stewart ms Newton (dec); tuberculosis of spine 3 years tuberculosis of lungs 6 months as cert by A E Henderson LRCP&S; signed David Simpson widower present; registered 1917 July 30th at Dundee Thos Meek registrar.2
- (Groom) Marriage*: David Simpson married Agnes Fisher Miller, daughter of William Miller and Marion McKenzie Conway, on 25 December 1919 at Masonic Hall, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1919 marriages in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee ref 686; 1919 on the Twentyfifth day of December at Masonic Hall Rankines Court Dundee after publication according to the forms of the Baptist Church, signed David Simpson school caretaker widower aged 48, residing St Marys Place Dundee, parents John Simpson caretaker (dec) and Susan Simpson ms McInrey (dec); signed Agnes F Miller or Neil housekeeper widow aged 35, residing 9 Forest Park Road Dundee, parents William Miller jute factory overseer and Marion Miller ms Conway (dec); signed Walter Richards Baptist minister, signed Lizzie Conway Miller, Robert F Conway witness; registered 1919 December 29th at Dundee Alex Buchan registrar.3
- Photograph*: David Simpson and Agnes Fisher Miller are in this photograph taken circa 1925.4
- (Deceased) Death*: David Simpson died on 10 February 1932 at 7 Mitchell Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland.
- (Spouse) Death: Their spouse Agnes Fisher Miller died on 20 March 1934 at Royal Infirmary, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; Agnes Fisher Simpson widow of 1st Robert Neill watchmaker, 2nd David Simpson, school janitor; 1934 March twentieth 7h 10m pm Royal Infirmary (ur 11 Forest park Road) Dundee; f, 49 years; William Miller jute factory overseer (retired), Marion McKenzie Miller MS Conway (dec); pernicious anaemia as cert by Stanley F Soutar MBChB; signed William Miller father 11 Forest Park Road; registered 1934 March 21st at Dundee W H Phillip registrar.5
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dundee; ED: 17; Page: 36; Line: 12; Roll: CSSCT1901_97; Year: 1901. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Sept 2011]
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS statutory deaths 1917 St Mary Dundee ref 455 [July 2004].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1919 Dundee St Clement ref 686 [July 2004].
- [S43] LB [Feb 2018].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, 1934 deaths in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee; #228 [Jul 2004].
Bruce, Elizabeth c1733 descendants
Carson, Jane c 1780 descendants
Carson, Jane c 1790 descendants
Conway, Hugh c 1780 descendants
Fisher, Charles c1765 descendants
Maitland, Agnes c1766 descendants
Matthew, James c1765 descendants
McConnell, Helen c1765 descendants
McKenzie, Robert c1770 descendants
McWilliam, William c1765 descendants
Miller, Peter c1749 descendants
Milne, James c1765 descendants
Paterson, Agnes c1765 descendants
Pollock, Marion c1770 descendants
Stephen, Janet c1750 descendants
Waugh, James c1790 descendants