- Birth*: George Whitton was born circa 1881.
- (Groom) Marriage*: He married Jessie Milne Miller, daughter of William Miller jute powerloom tenter and Marion McKenzie Conway jute weaver, on 21 June 1911 at 2 Beechwood Terrace, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1911 marriages in the district of St Peter in the Burgh of Dundee, ref 83; 1911 on the Twenty-first day of June at 2 Beechwood Terrace Dundee after publication according to the forms of the United Free Church; signed George Whitton tabacconist bachelor, 29, 8 Lilybank Road, Dundee, parents George Whitton lathefitter and Grace Whitton ms Duncan; signed Jessie Milne Miller jute weaver spinster, 24, 13 Rosefield Street Dundee, parents William Miller jute work overseer and Marion McKenzie Miller ms Conway; signed John Manzie minister Tay Square Church Dundee, signed David P Whitton witness, Jean S Whitton witness, Lizzie C Miller witness; registered 1911 June 26th at Dundee, T Y Miller registrar.1
- (Deceased) Death*: George Whitton died on 18 July 1912 at Royal Infirmary, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, , 1912 deaths in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee; #461; George Whitton tobacconist married to Jane Miller; 1912 July eighteenth 0h 50m pm Royal Infirmary Dundee ur 55 Taylor's Lane, m, 30 years; George Whitton lathsplitter journy Grace Rennie Whitton ms Duncan; sarcoma of bowel 14 days as cert by D Rutherford Dow MBChB; David P Whitton brother 4 b King Street; 1912 July 18th at Dundee Thos Meek registrar.2
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of Robert Neill and Agnes Fisher Miller on Wednesday, 17 July 1907 at 132d Nethergate, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1907 marriages in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee, ref 208; 1907 on the seventeenth day of July at 132d Nethergate Dundee after publicatoin according to the forms of the English Presyterian Church; signed Robert Neil watchmaker master bachelor, aged 24, residing 24 Thomson Street Dundee, parents John Neill watchmaker foreman and Catherine Carstairs Neill mss Corsar; signed Agnes Fisher Miller baker's saleswoman spinster, aged 22, residing 13 Rosefield Street Dundee; parents William Miller powerloom tenter and Marion McKenzie Miller ms Conway; signed John Conway St Andrews Presbyterian Church Hammersmith London, signed George Whitton witness, Wm Miller witness, Marion Miller witness; registered 1907 July 18th at Dundee Thos Meek regsitrar.3
- Church Records: George Whitton and Jessie Milne Miller were recorded in Tay Square Church Baptism record book : baptised by John Mansie on 18 August 1912 at 55 Taylor's Lane, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, .4
- [S64] Unknown subject, General Record Office of Scotland, New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland, image held; Statutory marriages St Peter Dundee ref 83 [July 2004].
- [S50] Unknown subject, General Record Office of Scotland, New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland, image held, Statutory deaths St Mary Dundee [July 2004].
- [S64] Unknown subject General Record Office of Scotland, GROS statutory marriage 1907 Dundee St Mary ref 208 image held [July 2004].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , Tay Square Church records at Dundee City Coucil Archives [Sept 2017].
M, #456, b. circa 1881, d. 18 July 1912
Last Edited: 2 Mar 2018