- Birth*: Jane Lawson Pitkethly was born on 17 April 1862 at Newburgh, Fife, Scotland, .
- She was the daughter of David Clark Pitkethly and Janet Lawson.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Jane Lawson Pitkethly married Forester Cockburn Nicolson, son of Robert Davidson Nicolson and Janet Worrel, on 16 January 1885 at Catholic Apostolic Church, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, .
- (Deceased) Death*: Jane Lawson Pitkethly died on 15 December 1936 at Royal Infirmary, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, , at age 74 Jane Lawson Nicolson widow of Forester Cockburn Nicolson ...
ur 22 North Erskine Street
fath David Pitkethly mason (dec, moth Janet Petkethly ms Lawson (dec)
Cerebral haemorrhage cert by James ... Stalker MD
inf Robert Nicolson son 24 North Erskine Street.
- Married Name: As of 16 January 1885, her married name was Nicolson.
- DeathofSpouse*: On 19 January 1926 at 22 North Erskine Street, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, , Jane's husband died.
- (Witness) Immigration: She witnessed the immigration of Forester C Nicolson on 14 September 1930 at Transylvania, New York, USA, ; List or manifest of Alien passengers for the Unites States Immigration Officer at port of arrival; SS Transylvania, passengers sailing from Glasgow, 6th September 1930, arriving at port of New York, 14 Sep 1930, line 11; Nicolson, Forrester, age 31 years, male, married, occupation machinist, able to work, read English, write, nationality British, race Scottish, place of birth Scotland, Newburgh, immigration visa no 614553 issued at Washington 2/6/30, last permanent residence USA Wellesley, nearest relative/friend in county from whence alien came - mother, Mrs Jane Nicolson, 23 N Erskine St, Dundee, final destination Mass Wellesley, whether having a ticket to such final destination - yes, paid for passage - self, in possession of $100, before in United States 1926-1930, whether going to join a relative or friend - returning to 4 Norfolk Terrace, Wellesley, Mass, col 24a (descptn?) - no, length of time intends to stay - perm, whether intends to become a citizen of United States - yes, col 25 (descptn?) - no, polygamist - no, anarchist - no, col 28 (descptn?) - no, col 29 (descptn?) - no, previously here and departed within one year - no, good condition of health, no deformity, height 5'8", complexion fair, hair auburn, eyes grey, no marks of identification.1
- (Bride) Marriage*: She married Forester Cockburn Nicolson, son of Robert Davidson Nicolson and Janet Worrel, on 16 January 1885 at Catholic Apostolic Church, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, .
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) ancestry.co.uk New York passenger Lists 1820-1957 [Feb 2008].
Jane Lawson Pitkethly
Mother*: Janet Lawson b. 20 Feb 1829, d. Dec 1903
Helen Jane Nicolson b. 26 Apr 1890, d. 6 Dec 1929
Robert Davidson Nicolson+ b. 15 Jan 1893, d. 13 Feb 1951
David Pitkethley Nicolson b. 15 Jan 1893, d. 21 Sep 1896
Sarah Ann Nicolson b. 26 Nov 1895, d. 12 Oct 1907
Forester C Nicolson+ b. 31 Jan 1899, d. 11 Apr 1981
Henry Millar Nicolson b. 26 Jul 1903
Geddes, Janet c1745 descendants
Grant, John c1745 descendants
Henderson, Andrew c1768 descendants
Hume, John c1735 descendants
Kinloch, Thomas c1703 descendants
McLeish, James c1735 descendants
Nicolson, John c1765 descendants
Spense, Margaret c1703 descendants
Tait, John c1695 descendants
Worrel, John c1765 descendants