- (Child) Birth*: Agnes Finlayson Nicolson was born on 11 August 1890 at 51 William Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1890 births in the district of St Andrew in the burgh of Dundee, ref 1167; Agnes Finlayson Nicolson born 1890 August Eleventh 1hr 0m am at 51 William Street ... Dundee, female parents Alexander Fairweather Nicolson factory mechanic and MAry Hunter Nicolson ms McHardy married 1888 March 23nd at Dundee; signed Mary H Nicolson mother, registered 1890 August 29th at Dundee signed F MacDiarmid registrar.1
- She was the daughter of Alexander Fairweather Nicolson and Mary Hunter McHardy.
- Marriage*: Agnes Finlayson Nicolson married Percy G Powell on Saturday, 5 October 1912 at 53 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, Scotland; 1912 marriages in the district of St Giles in the city of Edinburgh, ref 812; 1912 on the fifth day of October at 53 George VI Bridge Edinburgh ... in presence of Thomas Cameron McLeod photgrapher and Charlotte Martin McLeod dressmaker, Percy G Powell photgrapher batchelor aged 22 residing 28 Forrest Park Road Dundee parents John Samuel Powell library caretaker and Helen Powell ms Peters (dec), Agnes F Nicolson bromide pronter aged 22 residing 177 Victoria Road Dundee parents Alexander Fairweather Nicolson mechanical engineer and Mary Nicolson ms McHardy (dec), by warrant of Sheriff-Substitute of the Lothian and Peebles dated 5 October 1912, registered 1912 October 5 at Edinburgh signed R W Robertson registrar.2
- (Witness) Passenger List: Agnes Finlayson Nicolson was found on a passenger list with Percy G Powell and Walmer Castle Ship The Union Castle Mail Steamship co on 28 January 1921 at Southampton, England, on the ship Walmer Castle, bound for Cape Town, South Africa; Mr & Mrs P G Powell, photographer, both aged 31, destination Rhodesia, South Africa, with daughters Miss L aged 7 and Miss D aged 4.3
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1890 Dundee St Andrew ref 1167 image held [Jan 2005].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Stautory Marriage 1912 Edinburgh ref 685/04 0812 image held [Jan 2015].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Information Ancestry.com. UK, Outward Passenger Lists, 1890-1960 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2012. Original data: Board of Trade: Commercial and Statistical Department and successors: Outwards Passenger Lists. BT27. Records of the Commercial, Companies, Labour, Railways and Statistics Departments. Records of the Board of Trade and of successor and related bodies. The National Archives, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, England. [Mar 2014]
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), Census 1891 parish etc of Dundee burgh ward IV 282/04 book 39 page 12; 51 William Street, Forebank, Dundee.
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dundee; ED: 14; Page: 28; Line: 15; Roll: CSSCT1901_100; Year: 1901. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1901 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1901 Scotland Census. Reels 1-446. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Sept 2011]
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Census 1911 Dundee St Andrew Combination Fourth Ward 282/04 016/00 002 [Apr 2013].
Agnes Finlayson Nicolson
Mother*: Mary Hunter McHardy b. 4 Jul 1868, d. b 10 Sep 1902
Geddes, Janet c1745 descendants
Grant, John c1745 descendants
Henderson, Andrew c1768 descendants
Hume, John c1735 descendants
Kinloch, Thomas c1703 descendants
McLeish, James c1735 descendants
Nicolson, John c1765 descendants
Spense, Margaret c1703 descendants
Tait, John c1695 descendants
Worrel, John c1765 descendants