M, #12615, b. 4 December 1881, d. 21 May 1948
Last Edited: 13 May 2016
- Birth*: Robert Hamilton was born on 4 December 1881 at Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland, .1,2
- He was the son of David Hamilton and Elizabeth Ringland.1
- Marriage*: Robert Hamilton married Martha Scott say 1905.3
- Death*: Robert Hamilton died on 21 May 1948 at 35 Byres Road, Kilwinning, Ayrshire, Scotland, , at age 66; 1948 Deaths in the district of Kilwinning in the county of Ayr, ref 55; Robert Hamilton plate-layer retired widower of Martha Scott died 1948 May Twenty-first 7h 45m am at 35 Byres Road Kilwinning (usual residence 44 Stevenston Road Kilwinning), male aged 66 years, parents David Hamilton railway surfaceman (dec) and Eliza Hamilton ms Ringland (dec), cause of death acute myocardial failure seen after death by Alex D Lynch MBChB, signed David Hamilton son 44 Stevenston Road Kilwinning, registered 1948 May 21st at Kilwinning signed William Hynd registrar.1,3
- (Deceased) Death RCE: His death registration was corrected on 3 June 1948 at Kilwinning, Ayr, Scotland, , Vol IV, page 74, Register of Corrected Entries for the district of Kilwinning in the county of Ayr.
The following report of result of a Precognition has been received involving the death of Robert Hamilton registered under Entry no 55 in the Register Book of Deaths for the year 1948.
Robert Hamilton aged 66 years, male, at 7.45 am an 21st May 1948 at 35 Byres Road Kilwinning Ayrshire (usual residence 44 Stevenston Road Kilwinning Ayrshire, cause of daeth acute myocardial failure.
Procurator Fiscal's Office Ayre 1st June 1948, certified by (signed) Wm K McFadyean Procurator Fiscal, registered 3rd June 1948m at Kilwinning signed William Hynd registrar.4
- (Informant) Death: He registered the death of David Hamilton on 9 May 1918 at 13 Hamilton Street, Kilwinning, Ayrshire, Scotland, ; 1918 deaths in the parish of Kilwinning in the county of Ayr, ref 46; David Hamilton peatlayer widower of Elizabeth Ringland, died 1918 May Nineth 8h 30m am at 13 Hamiilton Street Kilwinning, male aged 65 years, parents David Hamilton ploughman (dec) and Margaret Hamilton ms Meney (dec), cause puloric carcinoma as cert by James Jack MD, signed Roberts Hamilton son 66 Byres Road Kilwinning, registered 1918 May 10th at Kilwinning signed A Spier registrar.5,6
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Robert Hamilton is commemorated on the headstone erected after 23 June 1896 at Kilwinning Cemetery, Kilwinning, Ayr, Scotland, . Inscription reads In loving Memory
Daughter of David Hamilton
And Beloved Wife of David Mathie
Who Fell Asleep in Jesus
23rd June 1896 Aged 19 Years
Also of His Daughter
Wife of James Cowan
Who Died 19th Sept 1911 in her 27th Year
Interred in Prospect Cemetery, Toronto
And of His Wife
Who Died 26th Jany 1917 in her 66th Year
The Above David Hamilton
Died 9th May 1918 in his 65th Year
Also Martha Scott
Beloved Wife of Robert Hamilton
Who Died 14th June 1914 Aged 59 Years
The Above Robert Hamilton
Who Died 21st May 1948 Aged 66 years
Also Agnes Mathie Stevenson
Who Died 27th August 1970 Aged 85 Years
Erected by Her Father
Go home dear friends and shed no tears
My dust lies here till Christ appears
Then in his image I shall rise
And claim my mansion in the skies.7
- [S40] DM [Feb 2012].
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XT6T-MZ6 : accessed 7 May 2016), Robert
Hamilton, 04 Dec 1881; citing Irvine, Ayrshire, Scotland, reference v 595 p 129; FHL microfilm 232,664. [May 2016]
- [S50] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1948 Kilwinning ref 599/00 0055 image held [May 2016].
- [S50] International Genealogical Index (IGI), GROS Statutory Death RCE 1948 Kilwinning ref 599/00 0055 image held [May 2016].
- [S40] DM [Aug 2008].
- [S50] International Genealogical Index (IGI), GROS Statutory Death 1918 Kilwinning ref 46 image held [Feb 2012] via DM.
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , IC [May 2016].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) 1891 England, Wales and Scotland Census Transcription URL of this page: http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbc%2f1891%2f0032660093 [May 2016].
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) 1901 England, Wales and Scotland Census Transcription URL of this page: http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbc%2f1901%2f0036447357 [May 2016].
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI), British Columbia Death Registrations, 1872-1986; 1992-1993", database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FL1Q-PKW :
accessed 7 May 2016), Robert Hamilton in entry for Agnes Ringland Ross, 1981 [May 2016].