Jane Webster Robb1
F, #14299, b. 26 January 1856, d. 6 June 1923
- Birth*: Jane Webster Robb was born on 26 January 1856 at Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of James Robb.1
- Marriage*: Jane Webster Robb married Alexander Duff in 1876 at Anderston, Scotland.2
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Jane Webster Robb is commemorated on the headstone erected by Alexander Duff in 1894 at Quarry of Kirriemuir Cemetery, Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Alexander Duff born 7 May 1827 died 26 May 1894 for thirty eight years minister of the South Parish Kirriemuir
Holding the mystery of the faries
A pure concience
Jane Webster Robb his wife born 26 Januaury 1856 died 6 June 1923.3
Alexander Duff and Mary Ann Robb headstone Quarry of Kirriemuir Cemetery
- (Deceased) Death*: Jane Webster Robb died on 6 June 1923 at Carnegie House, Hillside, Montrose, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 67 0923 deaths in the parish of Montrose in the county of Forfar, ref 122; Jane Webster Dudee widow fo Alexander Duff minister of the Established Church of Scotland, died 1923 June sixth at 9h 50m am at Carnegie House Hillside (usual residence 12 High Street Kirriemuir), female aged 67 years parents James Robb cloth merchant (deceased) and Anne Robb ms Dear (deceased), died from chronic cardiac disease for several years and cardiac failure for 1 day as certified by J M Mackenzie MBChB, signed J B Patrick house steward, registered 1923 June 7th at Montrose signed Jas S Brown registrar.5
- (Deceased) Death RCE: Her death registration was corrected on 15 June 1923 at Carnegie House, Hillside, Montrose, Forfarshire, Scotland, Initialled JSB Reg 12:VII:24; Vol IV page 176 Register of Corrected Entries for the Parish of Montrose in the County of Forfar; The following report of result of a precognition has been received touching the death of Jane Webster Robb or Duff registered under Entry no 122 in the Register Book of Deaths for the year 1923; Jane Webster Robb or Duff 67 years widow, died 6th June 1923 9h 45m am at Carnegie House Royal Assylum Montrose, cause of death heart failure as cert by J M Mackenzie MBChB; Forfar 15th June certified by Thomas Hart Procurator Fiscal 1923 June 16th at Montrose signed Mary Fraser Assistant Registrar.6
Last Edited: 20 Aug 2018
- [S56] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Genealogies Search Results for James Robb and Anne Dear - FamilySearch.org [Oct 2016].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, unknown subject in "GROS Statutory Marriage", listserve message to Edinburgh, Scotland, unknown original date, GROS Statutory Marriage 1876 Anderston ref 644/10 198 no image held [Oct 2016].
- [S40] DP [Apr 2015].
- DP [Apr 2015]
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, unknown subject in "GROS Statutory Death", listserve message to Edinburgh, Scotland, unknown original date, GROS Statutory Deaths 1923 Montrose ref 312/122 image held [Oct 2016].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, unknown subject in "GROS Statutory Death," listserve message unknown original date, GROS Statutory Deaths RCE 1923 Montrose ref 312/00 004 176 image held [Oct 2016].