- Birth*: Daniel Gynn Morris was born on 28 March 1915 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, .2,3
- He was the son of James Wilson Morris and Euphemia Stewart Johnston.
- (Deceased) Death*: Daniel Gynn Morris died between October 1975 and December 1975 at Wandsworth, London, England, , Morris, Daniel, born 28 Mar 1915, died Wandsworth, vol 15 page 1422.4,3,5
- Name Variation: As of 28 March 1915, Daniel Gynn Morris was also known as Johnston.
- (Witness) Death: His mother Euphemia Stewart Johnston died on 22 November 1918 at 18 Park Wynd, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; Euphemia Stewart Morris, Jute Spinner (married to James Morris, Harbour Labourer) 1918, November Twenty-second, 6h 20m PM at 18 Park Wynd, Dundee, aged 34 years; parents: William Johnston, Labourer (deceased), Euphemia Johnston, ms Stewart (deceased); cause: influenza 7 days as cert by William Kinnear MD; informant James Morris X his mark Widower present. Wit J G Millar, reg; registered 23 Nov 1918, J G Millar registrar.6
- (Witness) Death: Daniel Gynn Morris witnessed the death of James Wilson Morris on 30 November 1918 at Royal Infirmary, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1918 deaths in the district of St Mary in the burgh of Dundee, ref 802; James Wilson Morris harbour labourer widower of 1st Sarah Jarvis 2nd Euphemia Stewart Johnston; 1918 November thirtieth 0h 15m pm at Royal Infirmary Dundee (UR 18 [Dock?] Wynd); male aged 58 years; parents Robert Morris weaver (dec) Isabella Morris ms Wilson (dec); cause broncho-pneumonia (post-influenza) as cert by G R Dudhope MB; informant Isabella Brannan sister-in-law present 93 Overgate; registered 1918 December 2nd at Dundee Tho Meek registrar.7
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS birth search results ref 282/01 0221 [Apr 2011].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, 282/01 0221 - image not available [Jan 2011].
- [S22] E-mail message , Aberlour Trust Archives www.aberlour.org.uk [July 2011].
- [S6] MNMD thought after 1945 when last in contact with his family [Jul 2010].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Ancestry.co.uk England & Wales Death Index 1916-2005; Source Information: Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007.
Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office. © Crown copyright. Published by permission of the Controller of HMSO and the Office for National Statistics. You must not copy on, transfer or reproduce records without the prior permission of ONS. Indexes created by the General Register Office, in London, England. [Jul 2011]
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), St Peter, Dundee, ref 335 [Apr 2004].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, statutory deaths 282/02 0802 [Feb 2011].
Daniel Gynn Morris1
Mother*: Euphemia Stewart Johnston b. 5 Jan 1884, d. 22 Nov 1918