- (Child) Birth*: George Wheatley Paterson was born on 15 January 1920 at 10 Marybank Lane, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1920 birth in the district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee, ref 52; George Wheatley Paterson, 1920 January fifteenth 5h 0m am 10 Marybank Lane Lochee, m, John Findlay Paterson baker journeyman, Nelly Paterson ms Summerton, 1904 December 29th Lochee, John Paterson father present, 1920 January 19th at Lochee D Young interim registrar.1
- He was the son of John Findlay Paterson and Helen Summerton.
- (Deceased) Death*: George Wheatley Paterson died in 1999 at Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland, .2,3
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of James Nay and Mary Keith Paterson Johnston hotelier on Friday, 31 January 1941 at 11 Park Place, Lochee, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, ; 1941 marriages in the district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee, ref 28; 1941 on the Thirty-first day of January at 11 Park Place, Lochee after banns according to the forms of the Congregational Church; signed James Nay refreshment caterer bachelor, aged 39, residing 40 Guthrie Street Dundee, parents Robert Nay labourer (dec) and Alice Nay ms Donnelly (dec); signed Mary Paterson or Dickson refreshment caterer divorced, aged 38 residing 40 Guthrie Street Dundee, parents Joh Paterson fish restauranter and Euphemia Paterson ms Stewart (dec); signed HArry Andrew minister of Gillfillan Memorail Congregational Church Dunde, signed George Paterson 60 Liff Toad Lochee, Sarah MsClsusky North Lodge Victoria Hospital Dundee witnesses; registerd 1941 February 3rd at Lochee signed John R Nicoll registrar.4
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS 282/04 0052 [Sept 2009].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS ref 735/00 0111 refers [Sept 2009].
- [S6] From conversation with MNMD (granddaughter of John Paterson (39)). And this probably confirmed by death registration in Edinburgh for a George Wheatley Paterson in 1999 aged 79.
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS ref 282/04 0028 (image held) [Sept 2009 & Feb 2019].
George Wheatley Paterson
Mother*: Helen Summerton b. c 1882, d. 14 Jan 1949
Downie, David c1785 descendants
Downie, Isabella c1795 descendants
Findlay, Alexander c1725 descendants
Jaap, Margaret c1736 descendants
Laing, John c1768 descendants
Menmuir, Janet 1779 descendants
Nicol, David c1726 descendants
Nicoll, Mary c1770 descendants
Orkney, John c1768 descendants
Paterson, Robert c1775 descendants
Pert, Catherine c1750 descendants
Smith, John c1800 descendants