- Birth*: Helen Summerton Paterson was born in 1916 at Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, .1,2
- She was the daughter of John Findlay Paterson baker, restaurenteur and Helen Summerton.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Helen Summerton Paterson married Samuel Joseph L Evans in 1944 at Lochee, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, .3
- (Deceased) Death*: Helen Summerton Paterson died on 25 November 2008 at South Grange Nursing Home, Monifieth, Angus, Scotland, , EVANS - Peacefully, at South Grange Nursing Home, Monifieth, on Tuesday, November 25, 2008, Helen (Ella) (nee Paterson), formerly of Lochee, beloved wife of the late Sam, also a dear aunt. Will be sadly missed. Funeral service at Dundee Crematorium on Tuesday, December 2, at 10.15 am, to which all relatives and friends are invited.4
- Name Variation: As of 1916, Helen Summerton Paterson was also known as Ella.
- (Witness) Marriage: She witnessed the marriage of William Elder Paterson and Margaret Burke Kilhooley on Saturday, 23 January 1937 at 60 Liff Road, Lochee, Dundee, Angus, Scotland, ; 1937 on the twenty-third day of January at 60 Liff Road Lochee after banns according to the forms of the Church of Scotland; William Elder Paterson marine engineer, aged 27, 60 Liff Road Lochee, John Findlay Paterson baker, Helen Haughton Paterson ms Summerton; Maggie Burke Kilhooley, spool winder spinster, aged 25, 275 Hawkhill Dundee, William Kilhooley general labourer, Jessie Kirlhooley ms Beattie (dec); signed William Bodia minister of St Lukes Lochee, Alex Paterson 60 Liff Road Lochee, Helen Paterson 60 Liff Road Lochee witnesses, 1937 February 1st at Lochee John E Cant asst registrar.5
- Married Name: As of 1944, her married name was Evans.
- [S6] Birth year of about 1916; from conversation with MNMD (granddaughter of John Paterson (39)).
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), confirmd GROS ref 282/05 0085 (no image) [Sept 2009].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), Statutory marriages GROS ref 282/04 0169 [Sept 2009].
- [S20] Unknown author, 'article', Dundee Courier & Advertiser, unknown date (DC Thomson, unknown repository reference) intimation in Dundee Courier Wed 26 [Nov 2008].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, image held; 1937 marriages in the district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee, ref 21; from SS [Sept 2009].
Helen Summerton Paterson
Mother*: Helen Summerton b. c 1882, d. 14 Jan 1949
Downie, David c1785 descendants
Downie, Isabella c1795 descendants
Findlay, Alexander c1725 descendants
Jaap, Margaret c1736 descendants
Laing, John c1768 descendants
Menmuir, Janet 1779 descendants
Nicol, David c1726 descendants
Nicoll, Mary c1770 descendants
Orkney, John c1768 descendants
Paterson, Robert c1775 descendants
Pert, Catherine c1750 descendants
Smith, John c1800 descendants