- Birth*: William James Runciman Paterson was born on 19 April 1889 at 11 Mid Street, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; William James Runciman Paterson, 1889 April Nineteenth 4h 0m am 11 Mid Street Lochee, m, father William Paterson powerloom tenter, mother Ann Paterson ms Runciman, 1889 December 24th Lochee, informant William Paterson father present, registrered 1889 May 10th at Lochee J Robertson registrar.1
- He was the son of William Paterson and Ann Runciman.
- (Informant) Death*: William James Runciman Paterson registered the death of William James Runciman Paterson on 1 May 1890.2
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: He is commemorated on the headstone erected by Ann Runciman in 1927 at Balgay Cemetery, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads P; erected by Ann Runciman In loving memory of her husband William Paterson who died 14th October 1924; also their children John, William, Susan and Charles who died in infancy; The above Ann Runciman died 17th October 1932; And their daughter Mary F Paterson wife of David Hill who died 11th November 1944 aged 50 years; their grandson William P Smart who died in infancy; And of her parents James Runciman and Ann Moncrieff; And her brother and sister John and Jean; small stone below To the memory of Our Dear Father and Mother.3
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), image held GROS statutory births 282/05 0154; 1889 births in the district of Lochee in the burgh of Dundee [from CPT Jun 2009].
- [S6] From CPT [Dec 2009].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , CPT [Sept 2010].
William James Runciman Paterson
Mother*: Ann Runciman b. 19 Jun 1859, d. 17 Oct 1932