- Birth*: Thomas Renwick Swanley Paterson was born on 18 November 1915 at Muirton Road, Lochee, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, .1
- He was the son of Henry Paterson and Jessie Doig Swanley.
- (Deceased) Death*: Thomas Renwick Swanley Paterson died on 21 January 1944 at near Naples, Italy, at age 28 In Memory of Lieutenant THOMAS RENWICK SWANLEY PATERSON
229538, 67 (2/5th Bn. The East Surrey Regt.) Anti-Tank Regt., Royal Artillery who died age 28 on 21 January 1944 Son of Henry Paterson and of Jessie Doig Paterson (nee Swanley), of Dundee; husband of Mary Stewart Paterson (nee Robertson), of Dundee. Remembered with honour MINTURNO WAR CEMETERY Commemorated in perpetuity by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.2,3
- Obituary: The obituary of Thomas Renwick Swanley Paterson was was published circa February 1944. City Officer Killed: Former pupil of Dundee High School and well-known Midlands hockey player, Lieut. T. Renwick S. Paterson, Royal Artillery, hasa been killed in action in the Central Mediterranean area.
News of his death was received by his wife, formery Miss Mary Stewart Robertson, daughter of Mr George Robertson, 40 Jedburgh Road, Dundee, who is in the services.
Lieut. Paterson, who was 28, served his apprenticeship as a chartered accountant with Messers Mackay Irons & Co., CA., Commercail Street. He joined the Black Watch in 1940 and took his commission in the Royal Artillery in 1942.
A hockey enthusiast, he played for Dundee Wanderers. He was scoutmaster of St John's (Cross) Church Troop and a manager and Sunday school teacher in St Ninian's Church, Lochee.
He was the elder son of Mr and Mrs Henry Paterson, 75 Tullideph Road. His younder brother, Lieyt. William Paterson, Black Watch, is in India.4
- (Headstone) Memorial Inscription*: He was erected in 2008. Inscription reads Paterson, T Renwick S, service RA. Church Lochee Old, Marble Plaque, Second WW.5
Thomas Renwick Swanley Paterson
Mother*: Jessie Doig Swanley b. c 1888, d. b 1924