- Birth*: Lewis Johnston was born on 15 May 1857 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, .1
- He was the son of Lewis Johnston and Helen Grubb.
- (Deceased) Death*: Lewis Johnston died on 2 August 1857 at 2 Yeaman Shore, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, , 1857 deaths in the 2nd district of burgh of Dundee in the county of Forfar; ref 629; Johnstone, Lewis, single; 1857 August second 5h 30m am, 2 Yeaman Shore, Dundee; male aged 11 weeks; parents Lewis Johnstone seaman and Helen Johnstone maiden name Grubb; cause inflamtion on the bowles 3 days as certified by Mr Webster physician who saw deceased on 1st August; buried Old Burying Ground [Howff] Dundee as certified by Mr Boyd undertaker; informant Jessie Johnstone sister present; registered 1857 August 4th at Dundee Alex Leask registrar.2
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950, index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XY16-QXK : accessed 27 March 2015), Lewis Johnstone, 15 May 1857; citing DUNDEE,ANGUS,SCOTLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 6,035,516. [Mar 2015 & Apr 2011]
- [S50] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS statutory deaths 282/02 0629 [Apr 2011].
Mother*: Helen Grubb b. c 1819, d. 29 Aug 1869