- Birth*: William Gilbert Don Adamson was born on 7 August 1876 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.1,2
- He was the son of James Wilson Adamson and Rose Clarke.
- Marriage*: William Gilbert Don Adamson married Elsie Mackay Dalgety circa 1900.
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: William Gilbert Don Adamson is commemorated on the headstone erected by James Wilson Adamson after 16 August 1906 at Forfar Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads [photos held] In loving memory of ROSE CLARKE wife of JAMES WILSON ADAMSON who died 16th August 1906 aged 61 years; also of their youngest son ERNEST ALEXANDER CUMMING who died 5th April 1888 aged 18 months; FRED T H ADAMSON MBCM born 9th October 1874 died 30th April 1914; and of the above JAMES WILSON ADAMSON manufacturer Provost of Forfar 1901 – 1907 born 5th June 1847 died 3rd June 1926 ; WILLIAM G D ADAMSON died 17th June 1949 aged 72 years; also his sons F/O ALEXANDER ADAMSON RAFVR killed at Arnum 21st Sep 1944 aged 33 years interred at Ravinstein Holland; JAMES W ADAMSON died 20th Oct 1963 aged 54 years beloved husband of AGNES C McKENZIE his wife; ELSIE MACKAY DALGETY died 24th Nov 1967 aged 88 years; the above AGNES B McKENZIE died 30th July 1994 aged 86 years; other side unreadable.3
- (Witness) Marriage: William Gilbert Don Adamson witnessed the marriage of Andrew Gibson Birrell and Nellie Rose Adamson on Wednesday, 6 September 1911 at St Margaret's Parish Church, Barnhill, Angus, Scotland; 1911 marriages in the parish of Monifieth in the county of Forfar, ref 41; 1911 on the Sixth day of September at Roseville, Barnhill, Broughty Ferry after banns according to the forms of the United Free Church of Scotland, signed Andrew Birrell merchnat bootmaker bachelor, aged 35 residing Cragside Wormit, parents Andrew Birrell boot & shoe warehouseman (dec) and Eliza Birrell ms Gibson (dec); signed Nellie Rose Adamson spinster, aged 33 residing Roseville, Barnhill, Broughty Ferry, parents James Wilson Adamson retired manufacturer and Rose Adamson ms Clarke (dec); signed Arthur J Gossip, signed Barbara M Lowson, William Birrell witnesses; registered 1911 September 6th at Broughty Ferry signed William Moyes registrar.4,5
- (Deceased) Death*: William Gilbert Don Adamson died on 17 June 1949 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 72 from MI.3
- (Interred) Burial*: He was buried on 22 June 1949 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland.6
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Rootsweb WorldConnect Project: Gordon & Jenn: [Jun 2009].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census FHL ref 0203492 288 4 19 [Aug 2008].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , [May 2009].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) Rootsweb WorldConnect Project: GB [Jun 2009].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1911 Monifieth ref 310/00 0041 image held [May 2009].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) http://www.deceasedonline.com/ search only no detail [Jan 2012].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Forfar; ED: 4; Page: 25; Line: 3; Roll: CSSCT1891_99. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1891 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: Scotland. 1891 Scotland Census. Reels 1-409. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Mar 2013]
William Gilbert Don Adamson
Mother*: Rose Clarke b. 1847, d. 16 Aug 1906