- Birth*: Alexander Adamson was born on 24 October 1824 at Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland.1
- He was the son of George Adamson and Betty Cuthbert.
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: Alexander Adamson is commemorated on the headstone erected by David Adamson in 1861 at Quarry of Kirriemuir Cemetery, Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads 1861:
In memory of Isabella Duncan wife of David Adamson Den Acre who died 10th February 1879 aged 54 years
The above David Adamson died 13th September 1900 aged 83 years
Alexander Adamson died 8th July 1911, aged 86 years
Charles Adamson died 3rd February 1902 aged 72 years
In memory of George Adamson died 1st March 1856 aged 67
Also of his wife Betsy Cuthbert died 3rd May 1868 aged 76
And of their children Elisabeth died 18th October 1867 aged 39
Also Helen & Margaret who died in infancy
In memory of Mary Ann Robb beloved wife of William Adamson born 22nd August 1842 died 26th August 1900
The above William Adamson died 4th January aged 93 years
And their daughter Mary Lizzie Charlotte Adamson or Heron died 16 December 1940.2
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), [Apr 2009].
- [S40] DP [Apr 2015].
- DP [Apr 2015]
- [S13] Website FreeCEN UK Census Online Project (http://www.freecen.org.uk/) FreeCEN SCT1841/299, Kirriemuir, enum dist 9, foilio 9, page 6; Peerhead [May 2009].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dundee; ED: 62; Page: 7; Line: 5; Roll: CSSCT1851_62; Year: 1851. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1851 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: Scotland. 1851 Scotland Census. Reels 1-217. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland [Aug 2013].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census [May 2009].