F, #642, b. 4 October 1812, d. circa May 1845
- Birth*: Marion McKenzie was born on 4 October 1812 at Monkton, Ayrshire, Scotland.1
- She was the daughter of Robert McKenzie and Marion Pollock.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Marion McKenzie married William Fisher, son of William Fisher and Agness McWilliam, on 19 November 1836 at Monkton, Ayrshire, Scotland; Fisher and M.Kenzie : William Fisher and Marion Mackenzie, both in this parish, gave in their names to be proclaimed in order to marriage, 19th November 1836, and after being three times proclaimed, were married.2
- (Deceased) Death*: Marion McKenzie died circa May 1845.
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: She is commemorated on the headstone erected by Robert Mackenzie Fisher after 16 September 1888 at St Nicholas Churchyard, Prestwick, Ayrshire, Scotland. Inscription reads by Robert McKenzie in memory of his father William Fisher d Sep 1888 aged 77; and his mother Marion McKenzie d Apr 1845 aged 32; also his g-father Robert McKenzie.3
Headstone Prestwick St Nicholas
Last Edited: 9 Nov 2014
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), C116064.
- [S36] Old Parochial Register of marriage,pre-1855 (General Record Office of Scotland) GROS ref 606/0030 0351 image held [Jan 2007] Monkton & Prestwick.
- [S44] Monumental inscription (St Nicholas, Prestwick, Ayrshire) MI transcriptions published by Troon @ Ayrshire FHS, page 9, no 65.
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Monkton and Prestwick; ED: 4; Page: 3; Line: 1560; Roll: ; Year: 1841. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1841 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: 1841 Scotland Census. Edinburgh, Scotland: General Register Office for Scotland. Reels 1-151. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Aug 2011]