- Birth*: William Fisher was born on 8 April 1845 at Prestwick, Ayrshire, Scotland, ; William Fisher lawful son of William Fisher and Marion McKenzie spouses was born at Prestwick 8 April 1845 and baptised by the Rev Mr McFarlan, James M Cowan session clerk.1,2
- He was the son of William Fisher hand loom weaver cotton, engine driver and Marion McKenzie.
- (Groom) Marriage*: William Fisher married Jessie McMillan on 14 July 1871 at Kilbride, Bute, Scotland, .3
- (Deceased) Death*: William Fisher died on 4 April 1896 at 2 Darlington Place, Newton, Ayrshire, Scotland, , at age 50 1896 deaths in the district of Ayr in the county of Ayr, ref 147; William Fisher ship-wright married to Jessie McMillan, 1896 April 4th 8h 30m pm 2 Darlington Place Newton Ayr, male aged 50 years, parents William Fisher cotton weaver (dec) and Marion Fisher, ms McKenzie (dec), acute pneumonia 8 days as cert by John Riddall surgeon, signed Robert M Fisher brother Allanvale Cottage Prestwick, reg 1896 April 6th at Ayr Arthur Morgan registrar.4
- (Witness) Marriage: He witnessed the marriage of Robert Mackenzie Fisher and Jean Watson on Friday, 25 November 1864 at 4 Glencairn Street, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, Scotland, ; 1864 marriages in the district of Kilmarnock in the county of Ayr, ref 162; 1864 on the 25th day of November at 4 Glencairn St Kilmarnock after banns according to the forms of the Church of Scotland; signed Robert Fisher ship carpenter bachelor, aged 24, residing 27 Govan Street Glasgow, parents William Fisher labourer and Elizabeth Fisher ms Henry; signed Jean Watson dressmaker spinster, aged 23, residing 27 Govan Street Glasgow, parents John Watson labourer and Jane Watson ms Buchanan; signed Thomas Martin minister of St Andrews Church Kilmarnock, wit William Fisher, Jessie Watson; reg 1864 November 28th at Kilmarnock Jas McDonald assistant registrar initialled JSG (Jas S Gregory.)5
- (Witness) Marriage: William Fisher witnessed the marriage of Samuel Meney and Janet Conway on Friday, 12 July 1867 at Monkton, Ayrshire, Scotland, ; 1867 marriages in the parish of Monkton in the county of Ayr; 1867 on the twelfth day of July at Monkton after banns according to the forms of the Free Church of Scotland; Samuel Meney railway porter bachelor, 27, Kilwinning, 1867 marriages in the parish of Monkton in the county of Ayr, ref 6; 1867 on the twelfth day of July at Monkton after banns according to the forms of the Free Church of Scotland; signed Samuel Meney railway porter bachelor aged 27 residence Kilwinning parents John Meney agricultural labourer and Elizabeth Meney ms Little; signed Janet Conway seamstress spinster, 19, Monkton, parents John Conway masons labourer and Jane Conway ms Waugh; signed William Pinkerton minister Free Church Kilwinning, signed William Fisher, Martha Conway witnesses; reg 1867 July 12th at Monkton James M Cowan registrar.6,7
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), LDS member submission after 1991.
- [S35] Old Parochial Register of pre-1855 (General Record Office of Scotland) GROS ref 606/0030 0211 image held [Jan 2007].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI), M115531 [Dec 2005].
- [S50] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS statutory deaths 1896 ref 147 image held [Dec 2005].
- [S64] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS statutory marriages Kilmarnock ref 162 image held [Nov 2005].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI), M116061.
- [S64] International Genealogical Index (IGI), GROS statutory marriage 1867 Monkton ref 606/00 0006 [Aug 2008].
- [S13] Website FreeCEN UK Census Online Project (http://www.freecen.org.uk/) Piece: SCT1851/605 Place: Ayr -Ayrshire Enumeration District: 14 Civil Parish: Maybole Ecclesiastical Parish, Village or Island: Maybole Folio: 0 Page: 22 Schedule: 77 Address: Quarry Hill [Jan 2007].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS census 1851 605/00 014/00 022 [Aug 2011].
- [S9] Website Ancestry.co.uk (www.ancestry.co.uk) Source Citation: Parish: Dundonald; ED: 5; Page: 3; Line: 3; Roll: CSSCT1861_84; Year: 1861. Source Information: Ancestry.com. 1861 Scotland Census [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: Scotland. 1861 Scotland Census. Reels 1-150. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. [Aug 2011]
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS image held, 1871 Govan Glasgow.
Mother*: Marion McKenzie b. 4 Oct 1812, d. c May 1845