- Birth*: Maggie Ann Wishart was born on 27 January 1897 at 18 Kirkwynd, Kirriemuir, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1897 births in the parish of Kirriemuir in the county of Forfar; # 11; Maggie Ann Wishart (illegitimate), 1897 January twentyseventh 0h 30 m pm 18 Kirkwynd Kirriemuir, f, Annie Wishart domestic servant (domicile 120 East High Street Forfar), Annie Wishart mother // 1897 births in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar; same detail, margin note parish of birth Kirriemuir.1,2,3
- She was the daughter of Annie Wishart.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Maggie Ann Wishart married James Watterston, son of Alexander Watterston and Helen Eaton Adamson, on 4 September 1923 at Royal Hotel, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1923 marriages in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar ref 61; 1923 on the fourth day of September at Royal Hotel Forfar after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland, signed James Watterston civil engineer bachelor, 28, Orchardbank Parish of Forfar, parents Alexander Watterston burgh surveyor and Helen Eaton Watterston ms Adamson; Maggie Ann Wishart draper's assistant sprinster, 26, Hazelhall Muir Road Forfar, parent Annie Wishart afterwards married to Charles Ramsay joiner and builder; signed Henry Fotheringham Henderson DD minister of Ogilvie Church Dundee, wit Charles Lowdon Sturrock Lochhead Forfar, Hilda Watterston Orchardbank Forfar, registered 1923 September 5th at Forfar signed John F Craib registrar.4
- Married Name: As of 4 September 1923, her married name was Watterston.
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse Annie Wishart died on 25 July 1925 at Zoar Lodge, Barry Road, Carnoustie, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1925 deaths in the parish of Barry in the county of Forfar, # 41, Annie Grant Ramsay, widow of Charles Ramsay joiner master, 1925 July twenty-fifth 4h 15m pm Zoar Lodge Barry Road Carnoustie, f aged 48 years, parents James Wishart cattle dealer (dec) and Annie Grant Wishart ms Livingstone, cause carcinoma of uterus 1 year 6 months asthenia as cert by G McConnell MBChB, signed James Watterston son-in-law 37 Gardner Street Dundee present, registered 1925 July 27th at Carnoustie signed Cath K Dewar assit registrar initialled DKM (D K Mitchell) registrar.5
- [S40] From RL has the name as Janet [July 2005].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), Statutory Birth 1897 Forfar 288/A0 0026 image held [Jan 2008].
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, Statutory Birth 1897 Kirriemuir 299/00 0011 image held [Jan 2008].
- [S40] From RL [July 2005].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory marriages 1923 Forfar ref 274/00 0041, image held [Jan 2008].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), Census 1901 Kirriemuir 299/00 005/00 005 image held [Jan 2008].
Maggie Ann Wishart
My Adamson Folk - descendant chart
Adamson, David c1765 descendants
Crighton, John c 1731 descendants
Doughtie, William c1700 descendants
Galoway, Rebeca c1720 descendants
Hall, Jannet c1770 descendants
Mennons, John c1720 descendants
Neave, James c1756 descendants
Richie, Agnes c1700 descendants