M, #3884, b. 1840, d. 8 February 1918
Stone in Forfar Cemetery reads: erected by Thomas Findaly and his family in memory of Catheine Catanach his wife who died 22nd Feby 1900 in her 46th year. The above Thomas Findlay died 8th Feb 1918 aged 77 years.
- Birth*: Thomas Findlay was born in 1840 at Kincardineshire, Scotland.1
- He was the son of Robert Findlay and Agnes Grant.
- (Groom) Marriage*: Thomas Findlay married Catherine Ann Cattanach, daughter of John Cattanach and Isabella McGregor, on 21 December 1877 at Cotterdrum of Balgavies, Aberlemno, Forfarshire, Scotland; image held: Marriage GROS ref 269/00 0015; 1877 marriages in the parish of Aberlmeno in the county of Forfar; 1877 on the twenty-first day of December at Cotterdrum of Balgavies after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; Thomas Findlay ploughman bachelor, 33, 29 Hill Street Montrose, Robert Findlay ... and plough wright (dec) Agnes Findlay ms Grant (dec); Catherine Catanach domestic servant sprinster, 24, Cotterdrum of Balgavies parish of Aberlemno, John Catanach crofter and blacksmith (dec) Isabel Catanach ms McGregor; P Milligan minister of Guthrie, William Angus, Alexander Findlay witnesses (Aug 2007.)
- (Deceased) Death*: Thomas Findlay died on 8 February 1918 from MI.
Last Edited: 27 Dec 2018
- [S13] Website FreeCEN UK Census Online Project (http://www.freecen.org.uk/) ref SCT1841/268, Strachan, Kincardineshire, enumdist 2 folio 2 page 7 [Aug 2007].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census FHL film 0203499 GRO ref vol 320 enumdist 2 page 2; [Aug 2007].