- Birth*: Helen Reid Small jute spinner was born on 20 March 1896.2
- She was the daughter of William Small and Margaret Ireland.1
- (Bride) Marriage*: Helen Reid Small jute spinner married John Dickson confectioner & fruiterer, son of John Dickson cloth inspector and Eliza Jane McManus jute spinner, on 13 August 1920 at 161 Overgate, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1920 marriages in the district of St Mary & St Peter in the burgh of Dundee; ref 355; 1920 on the thirteenth day of August at 161 Overgate Dundee after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; John Dickson confectioner & fruiterer bachelor, 26; 27 Isles Lane Dundee; parents John Dickson calendar worker Elizabeth Jane Dickson ms McManus; Helen Reid Small jute spinner spinster, 24, 62 Ferry Road Dundee; parents William Small iron borer Margaret Small ms Ireland; signed William Hall, Balgay, witnesses James Flynn, Margaret Small; 1920 August 16th at Dundee Tho Meek registrar.1
- (Deceased) Death*: Helen Reid Small jute spinner died in 1975 at Dundee, Angus, Scotland, .3
- (Witness) Marriage: She witnessed the marriage of Alexander Young Dickson jute mill oiler and Mary Keith Paterson Johnston hotelier on Saturday, 23 August 1919 at 27 Bank Street, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1919 marriages in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee, ref 451; 1919 on the 23rd day of August at 27 Bank Street Dundee by declaration in the presence of John Dickson millworker and Helen Reid Small jute spinner, signed Alexander Y Dickson jute mill oiler bachelor, 20, 1 Lowdens Alley Dundee, fath John Dickson callander worker, moth Elizabeth Jane Dickson ms McManus; Mary J Paterson jute preparer spinster, 18, 1 Lowdens Alley Dundee, fath John Paterson baker journeyman, moth Euphemia Paterson ms Stewart (dec), warrant of Sheriff Substitute of Forfarshire dated August 23rd 1919, reg 1919 August 25th at Dundee Alex Buchan registrar. Stamped Divorce reg corr entries vol 19 # 102 (162?)4
- Married Name: As of 13 August 1920, her married name was Dickson.
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse John Dickson confectioner & fruiterer died on 15 April 1961 at Royal Infirmary, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1961 deaths in the district of Dundee West in the burgh of Dundee, ref 379; John Dickson jute factory timekeeper retired married to Helen Reid Small, died 1961 April Fifteenth 4h 10m pm Royal Infirmary UR 44 Clepington Road, Dundee, male aged 67 years, parents John Dickson jute calendar worker (dec) and Eliza Jane Dickson ms McManus (dec), cause carcinoma of lung with metatases as cert by James C Forrester MBChB, signed W Dickson son 110 Northfiled Farm Avenue Edinburgh, registered 1961 April 17th at Dundee signed E Baird assist registered initialled JECreg [John E Cant registrar].5
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), image held; statutory marriages 282/01 0355; [Jan 2009].
- [S6] From DMcL [Mar 2010].
- [S47] Ancestry.com Ancestry Public Member Trees, Name: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.; Location: Provo, UT, USA; Date:2006;, DLM [April 2017].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, image heldGROS 1919 St Clement 0451 [Aug 2005].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory deaths 1961 Dundee West ref 282/02 0379 [Feb 2009] & image held [Apr 2020].
Helen Reid Small jute spinner
F, #6516, b. 20 March 1896, d. 1975
Last Edited: 23 Apr 2020