- Birth*: Jessie Stirling Adamson was born on 8 August 1880 at 17 New Road, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1880 births in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 319; Jessie Stirling Adamson; born 1880 August Eighth 3h 0m am at 17 New Road Forfar; female, parents David Adamson tailor & clothier & Margaret Adamson ms Kinnear married 1877 June 1st Forar; signed David ADamson father; registered 1880 August 25th at Forfar signed W H Thomson registrar.1
- She was the daughter of David Adamson tailor and Margaret Anderson Kinnear.
- (Deceased) Death*: Jessie Stirling Adamson died on 12 January 1881 at 17 New Road, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, , 1881 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 22; Jessie Stirling Adamson, single; died 1881 January 19th 7h 0m pm at 17 New Road Forfar; female aged 5 months; parents David Adamson tailor & clothier (dec) & Margaret Adamson ms Kinnear; cause bronchitis 10 days convulsions 1 day as cert by C Hunter surgeon; signed James Adamson grandfather 28 South Street Forfar; registered 1881 January 20th Forfar signed W H Thomson.2
- Burial*: She was buried on 21 January 1881 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; page 199, ref 6483, Agnes Jessie Adamson, burial 1881 Jan 21, compartment A, square 211, grave 1b, depth 3 1/2, age 5mo.3
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: She is commemorated on the headstone erected by Janet Gardiner Neave in 1877 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, . Inscription reads Mitchell pre-1855 MI Forfar Cemetery ref 73; David Adamson 24.4.1872 75, w Jant Gardener Neave 1.6.1880 72, chn David 1.6.1835 5, Jean 20.6.1835 3, s Jas (chn Eliz 13.4.1859 4, Annie 28.5.1870 3, David 27.12.1880 28); Whole text from the stone reads: 1877 erected by Janet Gardener Neave in memory of her husband David Adamson who died 24th April 1872 aged 75 years, and of their children David died 1st June 1835 aged 5 years, Jean died 20th June 1835 aged 3 years, the said Janet Gardiner Neave died 1st June 1880 aged 72 years, her son James's children Elizabeth died 13th April 1859 aged 4 years, Annie died 28th May 1870 aged 3 years, David died 27th December 1880 aged 28 years, and his grand-children Jessie Adamson died 12th January 1881 aged 5 months; and on the back of the stone; Agnes Jessie died 12th January 1882 aged 8 weeks, his daughter Jessie died 5th May 1888 aged 26 years, his son Alexander died 2nd June 1889 aged 28 years, Agnes Burnet his wife died 24th June 1889 aged 61 years, the said James Adamson died 31st December 1894 aged 65 years, Margaret Kinnear wife of David Adamson died 31st May 1928 aged 72 years, Agnes Adamson wife of James Whyte died 8th February 1935 aged 66 years, James Whyte husband of Agnes Adamson died 22nd December 1896 aged 66 years.4,5
- [S14] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Births 1880 Forfar ref 319 image held [Aug 2004].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1881 Forfar ref 22 image held [Aug 2004].
- [S62] Website Deceased online (www.deceasedonline.com) Burial Record 1881 Forfar Newmonthill [Mar 2015].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , PCC.
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 Forfar Cemetery pg 132 ref 73 [Apr 2015].
Jessie Stirling Adamson
Mother*: Margaret Anderson Kinnear b. 20 Jan 1854, d. 31 May 1926
My Adamson Folk - descendant chart
Adamson, David c1765 descendants
Burnet, Alexander c1768 descendants
Crighton, John c 1731 descendants
Doughtie, William c1700 descendants
Galoway, Rebeca c1720 descendants
Hall, Jannet c1770 descendants
Hill, Margaret c1764 descendants
Kinnear, Charles c1740 descendants
Mackie, Janet c1804 descendants
Mathew, Margaret c1740 descendants
Mennons, John c1720 descendants
Mitchell, Agnes c1729/30 descendants
Neave, James c1756 descendants
Richie, Agnes c1700 descendants
Simson, John c1755 descendants
Stark, Jean c1755 descendants
Strang, Agnes c1768 descendants
Stirling, David c1729/30 descendants
Strang, Agnes c1768 descendants
Wallace, Janet c1752 descendants