- Birth*: Janet Gardiner Neave was born on 29 December 1806 at Prestonpans, Haddington, Scotland.1,2
- She was the daughter of James Neave and Agnes Doughtie.
- Baptism: Janet Gardiner Neave was baptised on 31 December 1806 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; James Neave private 11th British Militia & Agnes Daughtie his spouse had their 1st child born 29th & baptised 31st December named Janet Gardiner; 1806 November in the margin.2
- (Bride) Marriage*: She married David Adamson, son of David Adamson and Jannet Hall, on 12 June 1829 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1829 Jun 7th David Adamson weaver and Janet Gardner Neave both in this parish were proclaimed in order to marriage and were married on the 12th June by the Rev Mr Clugson.3
- (Witness) Marriage: Janet Gardiner Neave witnessed the marriage of John Adamson and Margaret Burns on Friday, 24 February 1860 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; John and Margret married on the 24th February 1860 at ? Road, Forfar after Banns was solemnized between us according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland. John was 66, a linen weaver, a widower, residing at 17? Arbroath? Road, Forfar. Margret was 42 years old, a linen weaver, a widow, residing at 3 Arbroath Road, Forfar. John's parents were David Adamson, linen weaver, deceased, and Janet Hall, Deceased; Margret's parents were John Burns, linen weaver, deceased, and Jean Muir, deceased; The minister was Hugh Paterson and the witnesses were David Adamson and Jessie Adamson; The marriage was registered on the 27th February 1860, Registrar John Webster.4,5
- (Spouse) Death: Her spouse David Adamson died on 20 April 1872 at 163 East High Street, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1872 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 92; David Adamson linen weaver married to Janet Neave, 1872 April twentieth 9h 0m pm 163 East High Street Forfar, m, 75 years, David Adamson linen weaver (dec) Janet Adamson ms Hall (dec), congestion of lungs 7 days as cert by William T Murray LRCS Ed, James Adamson son present, registered 1872 April 22nd at Forfar, James Burns registrar.6
- (Deceased) Death*: Janet Gardiner Neave died on 1 June 1880 at 163 East High Street, Forfar, Angus, Scotland, at age 73 Janet Gardner Adamson (widow of David Adamson linen weaver) 1880 June 1st 2h 20m am 163 East High Street Forfar, f, 70 years, fath James Neave shoemaker & church officer (dec) moth Agnes Neave ms Dochty (dec), bronchitis with heart disease as cert by William F Murray FRCS Ed, inf John Adamson son, present, 40 West High Street Forfar, reg 1880 June 1st Forfar W H Thomson.7
- (Interred) Burial*: She was buried on 3 June 1880 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, page 194, ref 6120, Janet G N or Adamson, burial 1880 June 3, compartment A, square 211, grave 1, depth 7, age 70.8,9
- (Erector) Memorial Inscription*: A Headstone was erected by Janet Gardiner Neave in 1877 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Mitchell pre-1855 MI Forfar Cemetery ref 73; David Adamson 24.4.1872 75, w Jant Gardener Neave 1.6.1880 72, chn David 1.6.1835 5, Jean 20.6.1835 3, s Jas (chn Eliz 13.4.1859 4, Annie 28.5.1870 3, David 27.12.1880 28); Whole text from the stone reads: 1877 erected by Janet Gardener Neave in memory of her husband David Adamson who died 24th April 1872 aged 75 years, and of their children David died 1st June 1835 aged 5 years, Jean died 20th June 1835 aged 3 years, the said Janet Gardiner Neave died 1st June 1880 aged 72 years, her son James's children Elizabeth died 13th April 1859 aged 4 years, Annie died 28th May 1870 aged 3 years, David died 27th December 1880 aged 28 years, and his grand-children Jessie Adamson died 12th January 1881 aged 5 months; and on the back of the stone; Agnes Jessie died 12th January 1882 aged 8 weeks, his daughter Jessie died 5th May 1888 aged 26 years, his son Alexander died 2nd June 1889 aged 28 years, Agnes Burnet his wife died 24th June 1889 aged 61 years, the said James Adamson died 31st December 1894 aged 65 years, Margaret Kinnear wife of David Adamson died 31st May 1928 aged 72 years, Agnes Adamson wife of James Whyte died 8th February 1935 aged 66 years, James Whyte husband of Agnes Adamson died 22nd December 1896 aged 66 years.10,11
- (Bride) Marriage*: Janet Gardiner Neave married David Adamson, son of David Adamson and Jannet Hall, on 12 June 1829 at Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1829 Jun 7th David Adamson weaver and Janet Gardner Neave both in this parish were proclaimed in order to marriage and were married on the 12th June by the Rev Mr Clugson.3
- [S40] WF [Feb 2006].
- [S35] Old Parochial Register of pre-1855 (General Record Office of Scotland) OPR births 1806 Forfar 288/0040 0217 image held [Oct 2007].
- [S36] Old Parochial Register of marriage,pre-1855 (General Record Office of Scotland) GROS OPR marriages 288/ 0070 0108 Forfar image held [Oct 2007].
- [S40] From JBW [Sept 2007].
- [S1] International Genealogical Index (IGI) (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA: International Genealogical Index), LDS M112881 M112884 [Aug 2006].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Death 1872 Forfar ref 92 [Aug 2004].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Statutory Death 1880 Forfar ref 153 [Jul 2005].
- [S49] Website Web Site online (www.) http://www.deceasedonline.com/ search only no detail [May 2010].
- [S62] Website Deceased online (www.deceasedonline.com) Burial Record 1880 Forfar Newmonthill [Mar 2015].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , PCC.
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 Forfar Cemetery pg 132 ref 73 [Apr 2015].
- [S13] Website FreeCEN UK Census Online Project (http://www.freecen.org.uk/).
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Census 1851 Forfar image held [Aug 2006].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Census 1861 Forfar image held [Aug 2006].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Census 1871 Forfar; image held [Aug 2005].
Janet Gardiner Neave
Mother*: Agnes Doughtie b. 4 Jun 1781, d. 26 Jan 1858
David Adamson b. 5 Dec 1830, d. 1 Jun 1835
Jean Adamson b. 8 Jul 1832, d. 20 Jun 1835
John Adamson+ b. 21 Jun 1834, d. 13 Dec 1897
Richard Adamson b. 28 Feb 1836, d. 26 Mar 1913
David Adamson+ b. 19 Nov 1837, d. 30 Jun 1915
Thomas Adamson b. 19 Mar 1841, d. 26 Apr 1922
Alexander Adamson b. 4 Oct 1846, d. a 5 Apr 1891
Janet Gardiner Adamson+ b. 1849, d. 13 Feb 1939
My Adamson Folk - descendant chart
Adamson, David c1765 descendants
Crighton, John c 1731 descendants
Doughtie, William c1700 descendants
Galoway, Rebeca c1720 descendants
Hall, Jannet c1770 descendants
Mennons, John c1720 descendants
Neave, James c1756 descendants
Richie, Agnes c1700 descendants