- Birth*: Alexander Adamson was born on 16 October 1860 at Forfar, Scotland.
- He was the son of James Adamson and Agnes Burnet.
- (Witness) Marriage: Alexander Adamson witnessed the marriage of David Adamson and Margaret Anderson Kinnear on Friday, 1 June 1877 at 10 New Road, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1877 marriages in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 37; 1877 on the First day of June at 10 New Road Forfar after banns according to the forms of the Congregational Church; signed David Adamson tailor journeyman bachelor aged 24 residing 31 South Street Forfar parents James Adamson handloom linen weaver & Agnes Adamson ms Burnett; signed Margaret Kinnear power loom weaver spinster aged 23 residing 10 New Road Forfar parents William Kinnear flesher journeyman (dec) & Janet Kinnear ms Stirling; signed D P McCorkindale Congregational minister Forfar signed Alexander Adamson, Jane Thom witnesses; registered 1877 June Fourth at Forfar signed W H Thomson registrar.1
- Marriage*: Alexander Adamson married Isabella Caird, daughter of Barron Caird and Isabella Butchart, on Tuesday, 1 January 1889 at 20 Dundee Road, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1889 marriages in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 8; 1889 on the First day of January at 20 Dundee Road Forfar after banns according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland; signed Alexanderr Adamson factory linene worker bachelor, aged 28, residing 30 South ROad Forar, parents James adamson handloom linen weaver and Agnes Adamson ms Burnett; signed Isabella Caird factory linen worker spinster, aged 23, residing 20 Dundee Road Forfar, paarents Barron Caird general labourere (dec) and Isabella Caird ms Burchart; signed Geo J Caie minister of Forfar, signed Henry R Dall, Agnes Adamson witnesses; registered 1889 January 2nd at Forfar signed W H Thomson registrar.2
- (Deceased) Death*: Alexander Adamson died on 2 June 1889 at 10 Glamis Road, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 28 1889 deaths in the district of Forfar in the county of Forfar, ref 96; Alexander Adamson factory linen worker (married to Isabella Caird), died 1889 June 3rd 11h 30m am, 10 Glamis Road Forfar, male 28 years, parents James Adamson linen weaver and Agnes Adamson ms Burnett, cause acute phthisis as cert by C W Hunter MBM, signed James Adamson father present 30 South Street Forfar, reg 1889 June 4th at Forfar W H Thomson.3
- Burial*: He was buried on 5 June 1889 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland; page 265, ref 8587, Alex Adamson, burial 1889 Jun 5, compartment A, square 211, grave 2, depth 7, age 28.4,5
- (Witness) Memorial Inscription: He is commemorated on the headstone erected by Janet Gardiner Neave in 1877 at Newmonthill Cemetery, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland. Inscription reads Mitchell pre-1855 MI Forfar Cemetery ref 73; David Adamson 24.4.1872 75, w Jant Gardener Neave 1.6.1880 72, chn David 1.6.1835 5, Jean 20.6.1835 3, s Jas (chn Eliz 13.4.1859 4, Annie 28.5.1870 3, David 27.12.1880 28); Whole text from the stone reads: 1877 erected by Janet Gardener Neave in memory of her husband David Adamson who died 24th April 1872 aged 75 years, and of their children David died 1st June 1835 aged 5 years, Jean died 20th June 1835 aged 3 years, the said Janet Gardiner Neave died 1st June 1880 aged 72 years, her son James's children Elizabeth died 13th April 1859 aged 4 years, Annie died 28th May 1870 aged 3 years, David died 27th December 1880 aged 28 years, and his grand-children Jessie Adamson died 12th January 1881 aged 5 months; and on the back of the stone; Agnes Jessie died 12th January 1882 aged 8 weeks, his daughter Jessie died 5th May 1888 aged 26 years, his son Alexander died 2nd June 1889 aged 28 years, Agnes Burnet his wife died 24th June 1889 aged 61 years, the said James Adamson died 31st December 1894 aged 65 years, Margaret Kinnear wife of David Adamson died 31st May 1928 aged 72 years, Agnes Adamson wife of James Whyte died 8th February 1935 aged 66 years, James Whyte husband of Agnes Adamson died 22nd December 1896 aged 66 years.6,7
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1877 Forfar ref 37 [Aug 2004].
- [S64] General Record Office for Scotland, Statutory Marriages 1889 Forfar ref 8, image held [Aug 2005].
- [S50] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), Statutory Death 1889 Forfar ref 96, image held [Jul 2005].
- [S40] From RL [July 2005].
- [S62] Website Deceased online (www.deceasedonline.com) Burial Record 1889 Forfar Newmonthill [Mar 2015].
- [S21] Headstone Photograph; , PCC.
- [S42] Alison Mitchell ed. Monumental Inscriptions pre-1855 Angus Strathmore vol 1, Scottish Genealogy Society, Edinburgh, first ed (1979, reprint 1993 & 1996) 0 901061 20 4 Forfar Cemetery pg 132 ref 73 [Apr 2015].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GROS Census 1861 Forfar image held [Aug 2006].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS Census 1871 Forfar; image held [Aug 2005].
- [S30] LDS 1881 Census.
Mother*: Agnes Burnet b. 5 May 1828, d. 24 Jun 1889
My Adamson Folk - descendant chart
Adamson, David c1765 descendants
Burnet, Alexander c1768 descendants
Crighton, John c 1731 descendants
Doughtie, William c1700 descendants
Galoway, Rebeca c1720 descendants
Hall, Jannet c1770 descendants
Mackie, Janet c1804 descendants
Mennons, John c1720 descendants
Neave, James c1756 descendants
Richie, Agnes c1700 descendants
Strang, Agnes c1768 descendants
Strang, Agnes c1768 descendants