- Birth*: Janet Smith was born in 1849 at Brechin, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; LDS has Forfar, 1881 census has Brechin.
- She was the daughter of Andrew Smith and Betty Milne.
- (Bride) Marriage*: Janet Smith married Thomas Adamson, son of David Adamson linen hand loom weaver and Janet Gardiner Neave, on 2 January 1871 at Parish Manse, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, ; 1871 on the 2nd day of January at the Parish Manse Forfar according to the forms of the established Church of Scotland, Thomas Adamson grocery salesman, bachelor, 29, 173 East High Street Forfar, fath David Adamson linen weaver, moth Janet Gardiner Adamson ms Neave; Jessie Smith factory worker, spinster, 22, South Street Forfar, fath Andrew Smith general labourer, moth Betty Smith ms Milne, signed R Stevenson min of Forfar, wit James Halkett, Jessie Adamson, reg 1871 January 6th at Forfar, James Burns registrar.1
- (Deceased) Death*: Janet Smith died on 11 April 1915 at 11 Newmonthill, Forfar, Forfarshire, Scotland, , Jessie Adamson married to Thomas Adamson gardener journeyman, 1915 April 11th 7h 0m am 11 Newmonthill, f, 66 years, fath Andrew Smith general labourer (dec), moth Elizabeth Smith ms Milne (dec), paraplegia 6 years 6 months heart disease as cert by James A Lowson MB CM, inf Thomas Adamson widower present, reg 1915 April 12th Forfar John F Caird.
- Married Name: As of 2 January 1871, her married name was Adamson.
- Name Variation: As of before 1915, Janet Smith was also known as Jessie.
- [S64] Unknown subject, International Genealogical Index (IGI) (New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland: General Record Office of Scotland), GROS Statutory Marriage 1871 Forfar image held [Aug 2005].
F, #756, b. 1849, d. 11 April 1915
Last Edited: 28 Jun 2016