- Birth*: Margaret Chalmers Dickson was born on 26 November 1896 at 28 Lowdens Alley, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland; 1896 Births in the district of St Peter in the burgh of Dundee, ref 816, Margaret Chalmers Dickson (vaccinated as per certificate dated 7th June 1897 JGM Regr), 1896 November 26th 1h 15m AM 28 Lowdens Alley Dundee, parents John Dickson calender worker and Eliza Jane Dickson ms McManus; married 1888 January 2nd Dundee, informant Eliza Dickson, mother, registered 1896 December 9the at Dundee T Y Miller regr.1,2
- She was the daughter of John Dickson and Eliza Jane McManus.
- (Witness) Photograph: Margaret Chalmers Dickson is in this photograph taken circa 1913 along with John Dickson, Eliza Jane McManus, Eliza Jane Dickson, Euphemia Dickson, John Dickson, Alexander Young Dickson, David Marr Dickson, James D Dickson, Peter Buick Dickson and Martin Fraser Dickson.3
- (Witness) Photograph: Margaret Chalmers Dickson is in this photograph taken circa 1914 at Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, along with Eliza Jane Dickson, Euphemia Dickson, John Dickson, Alexander Young Dickson and David Marr Dickson.3Dickson family : Standing L-R : Alexander Young (b1899), Eliza Jane McManus (b1869), somebody, Euphemia (b1891), David Marr (b1901)
Middle Seated on chairs L-R : somebody, John (1893), Margaret Chalmers (b1896)
Seated at front L-R : somebody, somebody
If you happen to know who the 'somebodies' are, please get in touch!
- (Bride) Marriage*: Margaret Chalmers Dickson married Alexander Smith Fulton on 22 December 1922 at 28 Inverleith Terrace, St Bernard, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland; 1922 marriages in the district of St Bernard in the city of Edinburgh; ref 196; 1922 on the twenty-second day of December at 28 Inverleith Terrace Edinburgh after banns according to the forms of the Church of Scotland; Alexander Smith Fulton plumber journeyman bachelor, 32, 11 Leslie Place Edinburgh; Peter Fulton joiner journeyman Elizabeth Fulton ms Guthrie; Margaret Chalmer Dickson domestic servant spinster, 26, 4 Leslie Place Edinburgh, John Dickson jute factory worker Eliza Jane Dickson ms McManus; Alexander Fiddes minister of St Bernards parish Edinburgh, Christian Smith Fulton 11 Leslie Place Edinburgh witness, Peter Iveton Jnr 27 Eyne Place Edinburgh witness; 1922 December 26th at Edinburgh Wm D Alexander assist registrar, TMT.4
- (Deceased) Death*: Margaret Chalmers Dickson died on 20 February 1929 at Royal Infirmary, Dundee, Forfarshire, Scotland, at age 32 1929 deaths in the district of St Clement in the burgh of Dundee; ref 259; Margaret Chalmers Fulton married to Alexander Smith Fulton plumber; 1929 February twentieth 11h 15m pm Royal Infirmary ur 27 Isles Lane Dundee; f 32 years; parents John Dickson cloth inspector Eliza Jane Dickson ms McManus; cause ruptured uterus & bladder during parturition, general peritonitis as cert by Catherine M Blackstock MBChB; Alexander S Fulton widower 27 Ilses Lane; 1929 February 21st at Dundee W H Phillip registrar.5
- Newspaper Article*: She was mentioned in a newspaper article Dundee Evening Telegraph
DICKSON - At DRI, on 20th February, 1929, Margaret Dickson, beloved wife of Alexander Fulton, plumber late of Stockbridge, Edinburgh, third daughter of John and Mrs Dickson, Islels' Lane, Dundee. on 21 February 1929.6
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk, General Record Office for Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland), GRO ref 282-2 Enum Dist 9 page 46.
- [S11] DCC Registry Office: Statutory Births 1896 Dundee St Peter ref 816 [Mar 2002], Dundee City Council Registrar, Commercial Street, Dundee, Angus, Scotland. Hereinafter cited as DCC Registry Office.
- [S47] Ancestry.com Ancestry Public Member Trees, Name: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.; Location: Provo, UT, USA; Date:2006;, DLM [April 2017].
- [S64] GROS Statutory Marriage: GROS Statutory marriages 1922 Edinburgh 685/01 0196 [Jan 2009], General Record Office of Scotland, New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- [S50] GROS Statutory Death: GROS Statutory Death 1929 Dundee St Clement 282/02 0259 [Jan 2009], General Record Office of Scotland, New Register House, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- [S54] Website findmypast.co.uk (www.findmypast.co.uk) Newspapers & Periodicals collection [April 2017].
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, census 1901 2/5/01 009/01 046.
- [S17] General Record Office for Scotland, GROS census 1911 282/01 017/00 017 [Apr 2011].
Margaret Chalmers Dickson
Mother*: Eliza Jane McManus b. 24 May 1869, d. 14 Mar 1939
Adamson, Susan c1799 descendants
Chalmers, Robert c1823 descendants
Conlin, Patrick c 1795 descendants
Dickson, David c1795 descendants
Dickson, Mary c1795 descendants
Henderson, Mary c1810 descendants
Madden, James c1799 descendants
McManus, John c1810 descendants
Strain, Sarah c1795 descendants
Young, Margaret c1824 descendants